Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Documented Life Project Week 5

The theme for the documented life project from week 5 was underpaper / what lies beneath. Now, I needed to look up what underpaper actually was. But it seems to be the paper that you use to protect your work space or other pages from paint etc.


I didn't have any underpaper, so I used an old watercolor exercise for this page. I tore it up and pasted it on the page.


Then I had no clue what to do next. Because the new prompt was already up at that time, I decided to just doodle over it and see what that brings. I used a stabilo power felt tip for this, but it started to bleed a bit. Therefore I didn't like certain bits of the page, especially in the middle. I covered it up a bit with gesso and yellow Amsterdam acrylics. But of course you can still see it, so I decided to go with the flow and print the sentence "You can't hide what lies beneath" and call it done.

February will be all about layering, but I still need to start on that one. Looking forward to it though.



No comments:

Post a Comment