Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WOYWW: School update


A while ago I came across a creative meme that is called What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. It is all about showing what is going on on your workdesk and is hosted by Julia from Stamping Ground. I really like participating, because it is an easy way to show you what I have been working on, and it is fun to visit some other participants :)

My workdesk isn't always at home. Once a month I have a lesson at school. Today I am sharing pictures of my last school day and my workdesk there. We were learning a technique with fine sand (the one use you use in a birdcage.


We had to paint a colorful background at home to work on. I choose spring colors.


Then we had to mix the sand with gesso. Put a thick layer on there and make a pattern in it to bring back some color.


Paint to accent the pattern.



Finished product.

It is an interesting technique but very messy. I don't have pictures of the actual process because I didn't dare to take out my phone ;)



8 comments:

  1. This has turned out lovely. I haven't come across that technique before. #63

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great technique, bet it's alot cheaper than buying the stuff ready mixed and you can add as much sand as you like, great.
    Thanks for visiting me earlier, Angela #59

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your use of sand and gesso! What a great result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's a first for me, would never have thought to paint with sand but great results. Thanks for visiting earlier, much appreciated.
    Ann B
    40

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the visit, love your work. Painting with sand is unusual but I love the result. Cx #60

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with others -- I've never heard of mixing sand with gesso. I like the spring colors you used to get the canvas ready at home. Welcome to the WOYWW cohort! ~ Laura #14

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the result, your chosen colours are really cheering! I'm with you on the 'fear to take the phone out' thing...it's the respect we were drilled with for our teachers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your results. It looks like it has such an interesting texture.

    Thanks for stopping by to see me last week - sorry I am so late catching up :) I just spotted the words 'Project Life' in your post below so am going to take a peep as I want to start that :)

    Carmen x

    ReplyDelete