Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Library Loot November 2012

All though at the moment I try to keep my library books in check, I can't help checking out a few books that I really want to read. Sometimes I come across a review from another blogger and I just have to see if they have that book (and that is a harder task than one might think in a Dutch library, if you like to check out a brand new USA released book ;) ). Anyway, here is my small loot post.


All three books are in Dutch language but the upper two are translations, so let's see what we have here:

First up is Shelter by Frances Greenslade. This was the monthly read from the boekgrrls. They moved it up to April because it was hard to find in the library. But I already paid money for it to have it shipped from the other side of the country. So I read it now. I am glad I did, because it was beautiful.

The second book is Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi. This book came to my attention through the website of the Dutch publisher Blossom Books. I recently read more of their books, so I checked out what else they had published. I also finished this book already and I enjoyed the book. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
I am still reading faster than I can review but the reviews will get there eventually. In fact, I am planning to write and schedule reviews this weekend for the whole of December.

The last book is a Dutch book on Apple Pie. I like to borrow cookbooks from the library because buying Dutch cookbooks, is often too expensive. But because my BF really loves apple pie, I really wanted to try out this book. So far I like what I see, but due to illness I haven't been able to cook from the book yet.

Well this was it for now. In fact I have a few more books on hold ;) But don't tell anyone, because of the pile of books I still need to read ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment