Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dewey's Readathon Sunday post


Yes! It is already Sunday morning here and the readathon is still ongoing. We are at hour 19 now as I write this. I slept like a log because I have a meeting in a few hours, but before that I am going to sneak a few hours of reading in ;)

I am now half way through the Age of Miracles and the book is starting to creep up on me. Because it is a kind of thing that really could happen in the near future. It creeps me out, hehe.


I also found out that I won a prize! During hour 11 I was picked! I have chosen a pack of 3YA mystery novels. I read plenty of YA, but mystery books are a bit out of my comfort zone. Therefore it seems fun to be able to try some random titles! Thanks go to I heart Monster for donating this prize!

Anyway, happy read-a-thoning! I will update this post with the end of event survey when I get home from the meeting or so. But first let's get some breakfast and more reading in!

Update Hour 20: Show it off Mini-Challenge:

This is about showing a book or books that you are proud of!

I happen to receive my very first non digital ARC in January of this year. It was a signed copy of Revealing Eden. I just loved that book and because it is my very first signed and so far only ARC, I will keep it forever!



End of Event Meme:

Which hour was most daunting for you? 
None of them. I just went to sleep around midnight because of my meeting the next day.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? 
The Hunger Games Trilogy and Under the Never Sky

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Try to mail the mini challenge hosts a little sooner with the info. Like a week before the thon :)

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? 
I thought the overall atmosphere was really nice.

How many books did you read?
2

What were the names of the books you read? 
The Murderer's Daughters and The Age of Miracles

Which book did you enjoy most? 
The Age of Miracles

Which did you enjoy least? 
Well obviously the Murderer's Daughters then ;)

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again?
Count me in!

What role would you be likely to take next time?
I would love to host a mini challenge again! :)


2 comments:

  1. Hopefully you can read a bit more before your meeting. Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That very first ARC (especially when it's signed) is always special! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete