Monday, July 18, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? (9)

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! Hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

I have been reading two book in the past two weeks. One of them was The Old Capital by Yasunari Kawabata and this took me over a week to finish. You can read my review to find out why it took me this long to finish this small book.

I also read Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua which took me only 2 days. A review will follow later this week :) I did post two reviews: Fear and Trembling by Amelie Nothomb book vs movie and I am Tama, Lucky Cat by Wendy Henrichs. (click on thel inks to read me reviews)

And here are some new arrivals that I arrived in the past weeks.
The Rainbow Troops by Andrea Hirata which I won in a giveaway from Novroz! (I need to add the English edition to goodreads)
That Day in September by Artie van Why, a story of 9/11 which I got from the author for review. I have never read any story about 9/11 before so it is about time.

I will probably read one of these next :) But with me you can never know :)

Also I am currently collecting Japanese and Asian Literature (or books that or set in Japan/Asia) to share with the visitors of Abunaicon, the Japanese culture convention I co-organise. I want to give our visitors a chance to read some Japanese Literature and therefore I am trying to set up a shelf of Japanese related books on our convention. The convention is the last weekend of August. If you are willing to donate a Japan related book to the convention, please contact me at cynni_universe(at)hotmail(dot)com. We are a non profit organisation and we try to offer fun Japanese related events on our convention so that people get a taste of the Japanese culture. Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. Some great reads there! I've got Battle Hymn but haven't had a chance to read it yet. And I will check out your Nothomb review - I have read two of her books, and I like her.

    Good luck with the convention. I don't think I have any Japanese books I can donate. If I come across any, I will get in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a great week. I love Japanese literature. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your book reviewss! So nice that you focus on Japanese literature. I still have Murakami on my reading list..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to the reviews. And I love international literature too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of these, but they sound interesting. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rainbow Troops looks good - enjoy all your reads :)

    ReplyDelete